Worcester Folk Orchestra:
New England contra dance band
Four potatoes, and go!
Formed in 2014, WOFO brings together instrumentalists who love to play reels, jigs, and waltzes. We perform at events in the Worcester area, primarily contra dances, or other family-friendly gatherings. This energetic group is led by Myra MacLeod, whose experience playing fiddle for dances spans three decades. Players of acoustic instruments of any age are welcome as long as they can read music and commit to most of the Friday night rehearsals at the Greendale People's Church.
Interested? If you are an acoustic instrumentalist, contact Myra myramac at roadrunner dot com.
Details will be posted as they become available.
- Friday, July 7, 2017, rehearsal at the Greendale People's Church,
25 Francis Street, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Saturday, July 15, 2017: Contra dance in Rutland
- Friday, July 21, 2017, gig at Red Apple Farm, Philipston
- Friday, July 28, 2017, Board meeting
- Friday, August 4, 2017, rehearsal
- Thursday, August 17, 2017, Dance at the Stone Cow, Barre
- Friday, August 18, 2017, rehearsal
- Friday, September 1, 2017, rehearsal
- TBD September, 2017, Contra dance at Sprinkler Factory
- Friday, September 15, 2017, rehearsal
- Friday, October 6, 2017, rehearsal
- TBD October, 2017, Contra dance at the Greendale People's Church
- Friday, October 20, 2017, rehearsal
- Friday, November 3, 2017, rehearsal, and General meeting
- Friday, November 17, 2017, rehearsal
- Friday, December 1, 2017, rehearsal
- Friday, December 15, 2017, rehearsal
- TBD, November 2016: Contra Dance in Clinton